28 November 2011

this is our God. we have waited for Him.

adjectives to explain how I'm feeling right now? 


EXCITED. (so much so that I haven't stopped jumping around for the past 30 minutes) 
shocked.
thankful.
joy.
overwhelmed.
peace.
blessed.
humbled.
and even more excitement!


I want to share about an opportunity the Father has graciously placed in my hands for this summer. eeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppp! okay so...


flashback to August: I felt a specific calling from the Lord about working as a counselor at a camp this summer. no doubt. the only question was, how can I choose between all these amazing camps? 


little did I know, all my questions would be dominated by the Lord's sovereignty and clear provision.  


today, I got a phone call from Pine Cove offering me a summer job to work at Outback as a counselor and lifeguard!! for the whole summer. say whaaaaaaaaattaknfgkdfngdkjgndkfjgadfgadfjgndafkgjdnfgjkdnfgjdfnkgdjgndfjgnkdfngdgnjgdlkfgdflkgfd? 


just wait, it gets better.


before calling them back, I talked it over with my parents to make sure they felt a peace about me being there this summer and their enthusiasm confirmed to me this is where the Lord wants me to be. 


done.


prior to this phone call, my struggle as to where He wants me this summer came in with trying to decide between Pine Cove and Winshape. both GREAT camps. both with the same goal, to share the Gospel with kids. 


so, where do you want me Lord? 


as I was praying through these options, I straight up asked Him to make it so clear to me as to where He wants me that I couldn't deny that this is His will. 


brothers and sisters, we serve a Father who listens and answers our prayers. 


He is shouting to me through my parent's encouragement, giving me the exact position I desired, and through the support of my precious friends that this is from HIM. that this is where He wants me serving.


to say that I am nervous about packing up my things and traveling all the way to Columbus, TX for the whole summer would be an understatement. YES I am excited. YES I have a peace. and YES this is the Father's will. but, this is scary. being stripped away from my family, friends, and comfort is a scary thought (praise the Lord for the United States Postal Service).


but it is good. so good. 
I want to get to a place in my walk with the Lord that I have to rely on Him, for everything. I believe that working this summer will teach me how to do just that. 


so yes, it's a scary thought. but thanks be to God! for He will never leave me nor forsake me. for His name sake, He will lead me and guide me. 


here's to this summer! camp counselor. Outback. 3rd-9th graders. Texas.
and my Father. 
I submit all these to You.


I ask you to be in prayer for all the many campers that will be at Pine Cove this summer and that the Lord will reveal Himself to them and literally change lives.


all glory and praise to Him!






this is our God. we have waited for Him. 




trust in Him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Psalm 62:8






bless

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool about camp!!! That's awesome :) I found you via Today's Letters after seeing your Stonehenge FPF picture. I'm from the UK :)

    ReplyDelete